These rules and any other rules specified by Street Dance Mixes Limited or any of its group of companies (the “Company”) from time to time (“Competition Rules”) apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Company (“Competition”).
By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be counted. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
If prizes are to be provided to winner(s) by a third party sponsor of the Competition (“Sponsor”), the Sponsor (and not the Company) is responsible for providing the prize(s) to the winner(s). The provider of the prize(s) reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all participant from all countries who are 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). Each Competition is void where prohibited by law.
By entering a Competition you:
- Warrant that you are legally entitled to enter the Competition;
- grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition sponsor(s) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes;
- acknowledge that, where the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you are disclosing information to the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) and not to Facebook Ireland Limited or Facebook, Inc. (together “Facebook”);
- Grant the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given;
- Accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and its licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
- Waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
- Warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. If you are a US resident, you will have to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release which will be sent to you by the Company. You must do so by the time prescribed by the Company. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within six (6) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
If you are a winner of a Competition:
- you acknowledge and agree that delivery of any prize to you is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules and that delivery of the prize to you will be at your own risk;
- you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
If the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you agree to release Facebook, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition.
Unless otherwise stated, the Company is the promoter of the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.
These Competition Rules and each Competition are governed by English law. Any disputes arising between the Company and any third party in relation to these Competition Rules and/or a Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (save that the Company shall be entitled to take action against a third party in any other jurisdiction).
Street Dance Mixes can substitute the offered Prize at any time with an equal alternative (No cash will be given).
Street Dance Mixes can alter / extend the closing date of all competitions at any time.
All SDM competitions are exclusive to signed up members only.
Can I use other peoples / artists music ?
You can use any commercially available music in your mix or edit
You tell us who features in your mix / edit on upload, simply add the song title and artist and we will sort out the licencing and royalty payment.
Why are there two price bands?
The exclusive price is for exclusive use of the mix by your crew, if you buy an exclusive mix it is immediately deleted from the database and no longer available for purchase by anyone else. Buying a mix at the non exclusive price means the mix will remain for sale on the site and available to all others for purchase
What is the difference between exclusive and non exclusive mixes?
Exclusive means you can only sell it once to a single user
Non Exclusive means you can sell it multiple times to different users
You can set a price for one, the other or both, exclusive and non exclusive, if someone purchases your track at the exclusive price that you have set, it will be removed from the shop and you will get paid. If someone purchases your track at the non exclusive price. the exclusive option will disappear and the track will remain available for sale until such time as you decide to remove it.
You can take an exclusive mix to a competition and be safe in the knowledge that no one else will have the same mix.
A non exclusive mix is much cheaper and suitable for shows, lessons and rehearsals.
Other people can also buy this mix.
How do I get paid?
We can either pay you monthly by direct bank transfer or to your linked paypal account email
We only need your email address for paypal or your account number and sort code for direct bank transfer, you can start selling and your money will be held in a safe account until you are ready to enter these details.
We will never ask you for your pin number or password!
NEVER give your pin or password to anyone.
Are my details secure with SDM?
Our website is fully SSL certified and we adhere fully to the data protection act
Search and Preview
Will my purchased track sound the same as the preview?
The preview track is set at 64 kbps (lo-res) and is not watermarked, The Preview track has an Audible signature for copy right protection
The Purchased / Downloaded track will be a full Hi-res quality MP3 with watermark and no Audible Protection Signature